Saturday, October 27, 2007

Better late...

Tuggy has tagged me, meaning I am required to answer this quiz tonight rather than write that China and Japan paper I have been procrastinating on. First though, I'm supposed to post

The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (if you don’t have a blog, email me)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read their blog.

8 random things:

1. This one echoes Joel P., but it is true of me as well... when I was a kid, I was so enamoured with Star Wars that when nobody was looking I would reach my hand out toward objects and try to pull them to me with the Force. And I was always pretty disappointed when it didn't work. Secretly, I think I still believe that if I just concentrate hard enough...

2. I have only once shed tears in a movie theater, and that was when Wilson the volleyball floated away in Cast Away.

3. I often cry in church. Although that doesn't bother me anymore.

4. As a child I had a recurring nightmare that a flying whale was coming through the window next to my bed. I would sit there on the bed, paralyzed from fright, and watch it draw steadily closer through the night air. Still gives me chills.

5. I have a close-held but unlikely dream of one day writing a novel.

6. As a kid, I remember whenever missionaries spoke in church I would become terrified that my parents would pack us off to Uzbekistan or something. I am now an International Community Development major.

7. For most of my life I have made friends only with those who pursue friendship with me, and I am not good at faithfully pursuing others. I didn't realize that until this year but I'm trying, with God's grace, to reverse it.

8. I love fairy tales, mythology, and fantasy. Even the lame stuff. I recently rediscovered the variously colored fairy books edited by Andrew Lang, and have been tearing through them.

Okay, and I'm tagging... Wilson, Heather, Hannah, J-Ho (reading your SIP, by the way), Faith... my friends seemed to have dropped off Xanga like I did...

3 comments:

Bekah Tuggy said...

Okay, that whale is giving me the creeps now.

...great list.

Anonymous said...

I think that number 5 is a likely dream.....so me thinks....

Anonymous said...

Heather has a new blog:
http://banburypedestrian.blogspot.com/

Love you!